Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Winter Rerun: 2002 Transcontinental Bike Ride

It's completely, totally pissing down rain in my part of the world right now.

I had a nice 4 weeks between mid-January and mid-February, and got 4 or so 90+ mile rides in, in addition to several shorter rides with plenty of climbing and my usual commuting. But for the last week or so, the idea of going out and having a bike adventure has been completely unappealing.

So I've decided to go into re-runs. Not of stuff that I've already posted here, but things I've written for various other bike forums. Race and ride reports, just like I've been doing. I'm pretty happy with much of the stuff that I'll be putting up, and have long thought that I would like to collect it into one place. This blog is as good a spot as any, and you guys may get a kick out of it.

I'll start with a link to my write-up of a ride across the US that I took in 2002. The other pieces, I'll put on this blog in their entirety, but in this case, a link is better. My tour journal (consisting in part of emails that I sent to the folks back home) is a bit ungainly to put up here.

1 Comments:

Blogger Luke said...

Hello! I'm a college student who's coming up on graduation and thoughts of a cross-country bike adventure similar to yours have been occupying much of my thoughts for a while now. I googled "trans-continental bicycling" and this blog entry came up. There was no email address listed for you, so I figured this was the best way to get in touch. I really have no grasp of the sort of challenges this sort of thing would present and would love to learn from you. Hit me back at lukebrevoort@gmail.com

Thanks!

3:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home